Thursday October 10th @ 8pm. Tickets €15/€12. Box Office 047 39777.
Following a hugely successful local run, Clones Drama Group present the ever popular Willy Russell classic, Stags and Hens in a local, updated setting. The play is set in a trashy disco that has seen better days. The action is mainly in the gent’s and women’s toilets of the disco where both Linda (The Bride) and Dave (The Groom) have decided to hold their stag and hen nights, not knowing that their other half is at the same place. The arrival of Linda’s ex-boyfriend Peter causes uproar between Linda and Dave’s friends. When Linda’s hen party find out what’s happening the two groups gang together to stop Linda taking up the offer of an escape with her ex Peter, she is then forced with a difficult decision – to stay or to go.
- ‘Absolutely brilliant show … Well done!!!! We all loved it and laughed heartily.’
- ‘Go hiontach ar fad. Maith sibh go léir.’
- ‘Fantastic show well done everyone.’
- “Combines comedy with acrid truth in the style Willy Russell has made unmistakably his own… and hits on brilliantly the herd instinct driving both sexes onward and bedward”. The Telegraph
- “A bleakly funny and perceptive study of working class misogyny, Puritanism and waste.” The Guardian
- “Firmly in the centre of the playwright’s best achievements: lively, coarse, well-organised, truthful and very funny. The Financial Times